Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Traveling Dentist - Part 2


The release of the 1940 Census has been a very exciting event for us genealogists.  I've done a bit of searching and indexing already.  In fact, I already found my dad, 4 years old at the time, living with his parents and siblings in the 1940 Census.  So cool!  But that's another story.  I knew I wouldn't be able to look in the 1940 census for my "traveling dentist" great-grandpa, Watson Emory (Frederick) Webster.  Well, I now know exactly where he was in 1940.  I found this picture of him standing in the doorway of a house in Xiririca, Sao Paulo, Brazil.  This picture is dated December 29, 1940.  Frederick passed away six years later on July 21, 1946 in Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil.

So, where was Frederick Webster between 1902, where we last documented him at Lake Charles, Louisiana on his Dental and Photo Boats, and 1946 in Brazil, where he passed away?

More details on Fred's life in my next blog.  See you then!

P.S.  If you haven't yet volunteered to help index the 1940 Census, please do so...we really need you!

Thanks for reading!


Copyright © Jana Last 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...