Monday, October 5, 2015

FamilySearch and the DAR at The BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy

I attended the BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy in July of this year as an official blogger. I had a wonderful time at the conference. This will be my last blog post as an official blogger. I want to thank those in charge of the conference for the opportunity I had to attend and blog about my experiences there.

Here's the view of the BYU Conference Center where the BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy was held.


Upon entering the front doors, this sign greeted us. As you can see from the sign, the Harman Building is to the left and the Conference Center is to the right.


And here's the friendly and helpful staff at the front desk of the Conference Center.


I took the photos above on Friday, July 31st, which was the last day of the conference. The previous day, Thursday, July 30th, I stopped by the rooms where FamilySearch and the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) were located and took some pictures.

When I stopped by the room where the DAR was located I chatted with the very nice and helpful staff. They answered my questions and gave me some pamphlets. I am eligible to join the DAR through my patriot ancestor Dr. Luther L. Waterman, who was a surgeon in the Revolutionary War.


Here are a few photos from their room filled with lovely displays.



This is the display for the Children of the American Revolution.


FamilySearch offered free book and photo scanning in Room 2285. They also had a computer lab in Room 2283.


Here are a couple photos from the FamilySearch Computer Lab.



And here's a sign from the book and photo scanning room.


I'm honored to announce that I've been asked to be an official blogger for next year's BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy.

Thanks for reading!

Jana
 
© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...